One of my favorite sections of Reddit (Link) is the “Ask Reddit” forum:
A place where literally EVERTHING is up to debate… and where – often: anonymous – writers…
- give advice
- tell secrets
- brag about crazy, horrible or surreal personal moments
Sometimes, it’s a guilty pleasure. Sometimes, it’s great life advice. But browsing almost always worth your time… and you learn a lot of crazy, personal things.
Here’s my selection of my favorite AskReddit discussion threads (Link).
Secrets, Shame, Lies:
- What’s your secret that could literally ruin your life if it came out?
- Most embarrassing situation you’ve been in?
- What’s the most unintentionally offensive thing you’ve ever said to someone?
- Admit it, what’s the creepiest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the most shocking thing you’ve ever caught a family member doing?
- What is the nicest thing you’ve ever done that no one knows about?
- What things have your parents told you that you wish they hadn’t?
- What’s a little-known web site you think everyone should know about?
- What are your top 5 websites besides reddit?
- What are the best TED talks?
- What is your favorite porn video?
- What’s the best amateur porn you’ve ever watched?
- What short YouTube video (30 seconds or less) makes you laugh uncontrollably every time you watch it?
- Insightful and thought-provoking websites?
- What’s a computer trick you think everyone should know?
Culture, Science & Nerdery:
- My son is five, and he is begging me to ‘do science.’ Are there any cool (but inexpensive) experiments we could do at home that would blow his mind?
- What is your favorite opening line of a book?
- Reddit, what is the most powerful image you have ever seen?
- What’s a fact you KNOW that almost everyone is wrong about?
- Scientists of Reddit, what misconceptions do us laymen often have that drive you crazy?
Life-Hacks (Psychology & Experience):
- What is a “mind trick” you know of?
- What is a great and SIMPLE prank that you like to play on people?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever heard of/seen/experienced?
- The List of Real Life Cheat Codes!!!!
- Here’s what I’ve learned from Reddit.
- Reddit, what are your best lifehacks?
- What’s the best (and/or strangest) life advice you’ve every received?
- How do you motivate yourself to get out there and live your life?
- What tricks do you use to help your day go smoothly?
- What’s a useful/cool skill that only takes five minutes to learn?
Life-Hacks (Products and Saving):
- The best “restaraunt recipes” you know that anyone can make at home?
- What’s the best money you have ever spent?
- What are some not well known products, $15 or less, that have made your life incredibly more enjoyable/easier?
- How to cook awesome food for less than $3 per meal?
- A drop of Tabasco sauce improves ginger ale. What tricks do you know that nobody believes?
- Store Owners? What tricks do you use to get customers to spend more money?
- Favorite things to do with friends that are cheap, easy and instantly fun?
- What items, for less than $100, can you buy that will greatly increase your quality of life?
Sexuality and Relationships:
- What are some boyfriend/girlfriend/relationship hacks?
- What are your relationship hacks?
- Divorced people- looking back to when you got married, were there signs that your marriage wouldn’t last?
- Creepiest thing a boyfriend/girlfriend has done?
- What’s your worst Forever Alone moment?
Personal Stories and Memories:
- What is the most offensive thing a customer has ever said to you?
- What ridiculously wanky thing did you do at school/college/uni that you thought made you cool at the time but didn’t?
- What’s something that is common knowledge at your work place that will be mind blowing to the rest of us?
- What is something you did as a kid that heavily impacted your parents, but you didn’t know until later in life?
- What are some of your small town WTF stories?
- What’s the worst birthday present you’ve received?
- What was the biggest lie of your generation?
- I’ve been on this Earth for 35 years, and here is what I’ve learned.
- What is the stupidest thing you have ever had to explain to somebody?
- What are your parents’ technology fails?